Intensive Drawing Course
In this intensive drawing course artist and educator Celeste Wrona will take you through a progressive series of drawing activities that will unteach your old drawing habits (yes no more stick people!) and retrain your brain how to see and draw like you never have before. By the end of the course you will walk away with a stunning large scale portrait drawing, as well a portfolio of sketches that you will be proud to show off to family and friends.
Celeste has taught this drawing program for many years with great success to participants that are absolute beginners as well as those who want to improve their drawing skills further. The skills taught in these sessions will allow you to draw any perceived object, person or place in proportion and in a great amount of detail.
The drawing program will be broken up into a series of online and in-person sessions. The 6 weekly online instructional zoom sessions will run for an hour each on Monday evenings for 6 weeks, from 8-9pm, starting on Monday 10th Oct - Monday 14th Nov 2022. The program will then finish with an all day intensive portrait drawing workshop in person on Sunday 27th November 2022 from 9am-5pm at Celeste’s studio in Ruse NSW. This is where you will really see all the magic and lead up work come together!!
Celeste keeps the intensive program limited to only 4 participants to allow for close instruction and support to be provided. Celeste will also set up a chat group online to allow you to share with the group and ask questions through the weeks as you work on your drawings from the online evening sessions at your pace.
The workshop fee includes all the sessions both online and in person, your own drawing kit containing all the tools and materials needed to learn to draw shipped to you, as well as morning tea and lunch on your studio workshop day. (Your kit will be shipped 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the class).
INTENSIVE DRAWING COURSE PROGRAM
Week 1: Mon 10/10 8-9pm (online)
Intro and Upside down drawing
Week 2: Mon 17/10 8-9pm (online)
Blind contour drawing hand/ Contour drawing
Week 3: Mon 24/10 8-9pm (online)
Tone and the hand
Week 4: Mon 31/10 8-9pm (online)
Negative space drawing - chair
Week 5: Mon 7/11 8-9pm (online)
Week 6: Mon 14/11 8-9pm (online)
Profile portrait drawing warm up
Week 7: Sun 27/11 9am - 5pm (in person)
Portrait drawing intensive workshop
NSW PARENT VOUCHERS ACCEPTED HERE
Multiple parent vouchers can be used in a single transaction
Use the code $50NSWPARENT on check out to get $50 off your online booking.
Use the code $100NSWPARENT on check out to get $100 off your online booking.
Use the code $150NSWPARENT on check out to get $150 off your online booking.
Use the code $200NSWPARENT on check out to get $200 off your online booking.
Use the code $250NSWPARENT on check out to get $250 off your online booking.
PLEASE BRING your valid NSW voucher/s to the workshop to scan on the day of your booking.
– Please send me a screen shot of the voucher/s to scan prior to the workshop if the voucher is set to expire prior to the workshop date.
* Discount cannot be spread across multiple bookings. If the total is less than value of the remaining voucher that remaining amount is forfeited.
* If for some reason we are unable to redeem your voucher through Service NSW due to it being expired, or not redeemable, the balance owing will need to be paid when you check-in for your booking.
Once full payment is received your place in the class is confirmed.
These workshops are for adults and all participants must be over 16 years.
Purchasing tickets to this workshop confirms that you and any participants you are purchasing on the behalf of are accepting the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page.
Want to become a workshop regular?! Purchase 5 or more workshops in one transaction and apply to code ARTADDICT at checkout for 15% off your courses.
ABOUT CELESTE (THE ARTIST AND TEACHER)
My name is Celeste Wrona and I’m an internationally collected, award-winning contemporary artist and university qualified art educator with over 15 years of experience making and teaching visual arts. My works have been featured on multiple prime-time Australian television shows including The Block and House Rules as well as in notable publications such as Vogue Living and Inside Out. Read more about my art practice here.
I have an absolute passion and contagious enthusiasm for teaching and making visual arts. My extensive teaching and artmaking experience has equipped me with a very diverse and extensive skill set across a great range of media that I can’t wait to share with you, including drawing, painting, ceramics, print making, collage, sculpture, mixed media, jewellery design, digital photography, photo editing and manipulation.
My many years of teaching Visual Arts to people of all ages and levels of experience has given me the knowledge and ability to ensure each individual thrives and grows artistically, building upon their level of skill and confidence in creating beautiful pieces of art.
I look forward to welcoming you to my friendly, fun, engaging and content packed workshops! See you soon!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable however are transferrable to another person you know whom may wish to attend. 24 hours notice prior to the workshop must be given at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the attendee list is updated.
- In the case of “no shows” we are unable to refund, reschedule or provide credit for a missed session.
- In order to run a workshop, each class has a 4 participant minimum requirement. If this condition is not met we will contact attendees and reschedule.
- If you would like to transfer your booking to another workshop on another date 14 days notice is required.
- In the event the workshop is cancelled by us due to unforeseen circumstances you will receive a full refund or a credit to put towards another workshop.
- In the case of changes of workshop dates due to COVID restrictions and recommendations a credit will be issued to allow you to rebook the workshop once classes recommence.
- During the workshop you agree to adhere to all safety precautions and requirements. Celeste Wrona holds no liability for any loss, theft or damage to personal properties or physical injuries obtained during the workshop.
- The workshop you attend and all resources provided are protected by copyright and are the intellectual property of Celeste Wrona. You are not authorised to reproduce or teach the content of this workshop unless written approval has been requested and granted. The skills and art techniques you learn however may be used to create and sell art.
- Any photographs or videos taken during the workshop or shared with us after the workshop may be used for promotional purposes. Please notify the workshop facilitator if you prefer to not have photos and videos of yourself or your work used.
Have any further questions? Contact us at email@example.com